June 04, 2021
BBQ Pulled Pork Burger on Brioche Bun
Pulled pork is perfect for feeding a crowd! Try it in a delicious brioche burger bun with a side coleslaw and your favorite bottle of New Zealand Rosé.
- 2.5-3lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp your favorite pork rub
- 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup
- 5 tbsp dry apple cider
- 4 tbsp of your favorite BBQ sauce (plus extra to serve)
- 8 brioche burger buns
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Place the pork joint in a large casserole dish with a lid.
Make the marinade by mixing the pork rub with the ketchup and 3 tbsp of the cider. Mix until no lumps remain and then coat the meat with it.
- Cover with the lid and place in the oven or a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Baste the meat every 1-1.5 hours to prevent it from drying out and top up with a few more tablespoons of cider.
- 15 minutes before the end of cooking, pour over the BBQ sauce, stir and 'pull' the meat using 2 forks.
- Increase the oven temperate and return to the oven uncovered to allow the fat to crisp up a little.
- Slice the brioche buns in half and place on a panini press or under the grill for about 5 mins on each side.
- When ready to serve, spread a little mayonnaise on the buns and top with the pork. Add a little more BBQ sauce if you like and serve with coleslaw and a bottle of New Zealand Rosé.
Welcome to New Zealand Wine Navigator
By clicking enter, I certify that I am over the legal age for alcohol consumption in my location.
Please note: Ground shipping is included on orders of $150 or more.